The Sunday Reader: Issue 1

Welcome to Issue 1 of The Sunday Reader! Every Sunday we'll post our favorite links/posts from other websites and blogs. The idea is to pick mostly current posts, but some older ones may show up if they're a good resource.

Let's begin!


  • Massive Voodoo's tutorials. Not all of these are going to be useful for 15mm, but man alive for larger scales and 15mm basing, these make up a great reference. Tons of work in there that can be easily used for inspiration as well.

  • Scale Model DB. By far and away the more comprehensive and useful paint equivalency chart that I have used.

  • Terrain For Hippos. Zipping through the archives really kicked me in the butt to make my own terrain. That's why I started working on little stone hedges and fences. Terrain For Hippos breaks down the steps to make terrain in a way that instills confidence and eliminates the fear hurdle of making your own terrain pieces. Definitely worth a checking out.

  • Finnish Armored Trains info. Yeah, you read that right. There's no option to run a Finnish Armored Train in Flames of War, but it's sort of understandable. The setup is pretty odd. Still, I want to do this as a project, and the background info is a fun read.

  • Modular Lighting. The technique looks good, don't get me wrong, I just don't like it for some reason. If you want to know more, though, you couldn't do much worse than to see how Model Dads and Narcissus from the WWPD forums did theirs. 



I hope to do have ten links every week. Unfortunately I don't know about a lot of other blogs. I'll pay more attention this week and this'll come out at our normal 8am time so you can do some hobby reading over your morning coffee or tea.

Edit: Autosharing on G+ autocreates a comment from myself? That's a bummer :/

Comments

Popular Posts